Google Website Translator Gadget

Total Pageviews

Monday 26 January 2015

The last sessions of the project, at FACT and Museum of Liverpool

I wanted to write an update about my last session in the Museum of Liverpool but then Christmas came by and I got too distracted having a catch up with my family and friends. Now Christmas is over and I’ve gotten back in to the routine of work. I managed to find a little time to briefly catalogue the last session I did.
FACT were great and allowed me to use a large space, it worked really well as they had a lot of students from Cronton College in Widnes. They really surprised me how willing they were to get involved.
I also went back to Museum of Liverpool. I particularly enjoyed sitting with a group of Chinese students who had come from various parts of China, one of the student wrote the most elegant chinese calligraphy I had since with a really naff brush that had been over viewed by young people. It was incredibly impressive.
I also had the pleasure of talking with a Dutch mother. When I was a University I did an Erasmus exchange with Amsterdam for six month. Her ascent flooded back lots of memories for me and even helped me recall the three bits of Dutch I used whilst I was there: “Mooi,” “Alstublieft” and “dank u well” I literally wasn’t given an opportunity to learn anymore everyone knew English and were significantly better than my poor attempts at Dutch.
Once I head for my train home I randomly bumped into my boss Alison Clarke-Jenkins a North Director at Arts Council England. She was with her partner Paul Smith who I’d also previousily volunteered with a Liverpool Biennial. He was asking me how the project was going and asked if he could have a go whilst we were on the train. I was so made up! It was brilliant, neither of them could remember the last time they got to play with colours. I managed to take a couple of snapps of them as well which I’m very pleased with as well.
Interestingly Alison Clark-Jenkins chose Manchester City Centre MP Lucy Powell. Paul Smith chose Naomi Long, one of only two MPs in Northern Ireland that voted in support of Same Sex Marirage. What was also nice is that Alison and Paul tweeted about it and Naomi Long gave them a retweet!
I had a couple of images left over when I went home and managed to get my family to each do an image. My sister tweeted hers as well and there were some mean tweets against the MP that came back. We didn’t respond, I think they had beef with other political issues the MP is involved with. This project is about thanking them for voting for Same-Sex marriage bill- that is all. 
My next post is the more exciting post- the quilt is going to be on display publicly!


No comments:

Post a Comment