Google Website Translator Gadget

Total Pageviews

Saturday 6 December 2014

The Prelaunch of the LGBT History Festival

 
I had the pleasure of attending the pre-launch to the first national LGBT history festival the Museum of The Order of St John, Clerkenwell, London
 I’m helping with coordination of the Sunday event on 15th February but on the night I was there to get more people contributing to the quilt project.
It felt like I was in a mini tornado, there were so many people! It was fantastic for the project as I got to meet so many activists in the LGBT community which was really special for me.
I did feel however like I needed a recording of my pitch to people because I repeated myself so much in such a short time.
I was able to see some of performances as well after I had done my time on the stall. I was able to watch performances by Diversity Choir and an extract from ‘For The Trumpets Shall Sound’ acknowledging contribution of LGBT people in World War One.
I felt really inspired by artist Sadie Lee she was a fantastic public speaker and as a portrait painter I really admire her subject matter and style.

She had incredible presence and had a really informed presentation which was fun!
As an added more recently I also had a session with Wednesday’s Stockport group.

  I volunteer regularly with this group and it was really great to get them involved with the quilt project and know that their contribution will be included into the quilt itself.






No comments:

Post a Comment