Google Website Translator Gadget

Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 January 2013

The Portico Library



Happy New Year world!

Christmas is over and I’ve nearly finished my 6000 word essay (can’t wait to be done) I'm still blogging about stuff I've seen rather than stuff I've created until I finish my course (this September) I have just enough time to tell you about amazing place I stumbled on to - the Portico Library.
 


Love twitter, I was just scrolling through my timeline and came across the Portico Library exhibition launch with a friend. I had no idea the place existed! It is a beautiful and charming treasure hidden in Manchester City Centre. The library itself operates through private membership. If you become a member you can have lunch in these incredibly decadent surroundings.  Even if you’re not a member you are still welcome to visit their Gallery where you can have tea or coffee and cake between 11am and 2.30pm. Only problem is the building isn’t accessible to all. The building is a grade 2 listed building and you can only access the gallery by a staircase.

There library has a brilliant collection and you can browse all you like, the members of staff were really friendly and were happy to talk about the building and collection’s history. They have a whole programme of interesting events through spring including  talks and events, their women’s series caught my eye you can check out here. If you an artist you can also exhibit your work here!
 

 They also have updates and other stories on their blogspot, if you’re on blogger or have a google account please follow them to let them know you’ve seen their site (Follow me as well please!)

 
(they even have a ladder!)

No comments:

Post a Comment